Why should you spay or neuter your pet?
One of the most important health decisions a pet owner will make is to have their pet spayed or neutered. Spaying or neutering promotes a healthier life for your pet and saves you money. It also reduces overpopulation and euthanasia of unwanted animals.
New York City has many free or low-cost clinics and programs where pet owners can learn more and access services.
Invitation to Trap-Neuter-Release Programs
Search for Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinics by Borough
NYC Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinics
- Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals: Is a coalition of more than 150 animal rescue groups and shelters working with Animal Care & Control of NYC. To contact them please call (212) 252 – 2350 or email at: email@example.com.
- The ASPCA mobile spay/neuter clinic: Offers free or low-cost spay/neuter surgery for financially needy dog and cat owners with proof of public assistance. Their hotline at (877) SPAY-NYC offers a listing of dates and locations in all five boroughs.
- Toby Project: Offers free or low cost spay/neuter surgeries for all cats and mixed breed dogs in NYC. To contact them please call (212) 799 – 1120 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bideawee Veterinary Practice: Their veterinary practices offer affordable spay/neuter options to the general public, and subsidized spay/neuter to those that qualify for financial assistance. Please call (866) 262 – 8133 to find an adoption center near you.
- Humane Society of New York Animal Clinic: Offers the Animal Mukti Free Spay/Neuter Program which covers 100% of spay/neuter costs for pet owners. For appointments call (212) 752 – 4842.
- Operation Pit: Offers free spay, neuter or vasectomy services for Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes for residents of NYC. Optional free vaccinations and microchips are available. Services are provided Tuesday and Thursday in Manhattan and Sunday in Queens. To contact them, please call Call (877) 900-7487. Appointments are required.