- ReadyAmerica has very helpful emergency preparedness information for people with disabilities as well as specialized information for seniors.
- The New York City Department for the Aging provides a list of special resources to help seniors prepare for emergencies
- The American Diabetes Association provides tips for preparedness for people with special medical needs, such as diabetes
- The Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) provides resources in English and Spanish to help people who may need assistance prepare in advance for emergencies.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) provides free, downloadable tools that help prepare service providers, mental health and substance abuse consumers and their caregivers prepare for emergencies.
Last Updated: March 29, 2012