1. Fiore AE, Uyeki TM, Broder K, et al; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevention and control of influenza with vaccines: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2010. MMWR Recomm Rep. 2010;59(RR-8):1-62.
2. Grohskopf LA, Shay DK, Shimabukuro TT, et al. Prevention and control of seasonal influenza with vaccines: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunizations Practices—United States, 2013-2014. MMWR Recomm Rep. 2013;62(RR07):1-43.
3. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. What you should know for the 2012-2013 influenza season. Questions & answers. Vaccine effectiveness for 2012-2013. www.cdc.gov/flu/pastseasons/1213season.htm. Accessed August 22, 2013.
4. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Seasonal influenza (flu). FluView. 2012-2013 influenza season week 19 ending May 11, 2013. Updated May 17, 2013. www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weeklyarchives2012-2013/weekly19.htm. Accessed May 17, 2013.
5. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Influenza vaccination coverage among pregnant women — 2011-12 influenza season, United States. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011;61(38):758-763.
6. Fiore AE, Epperson S, Perrotta D, Bernstein H, Neuzil K. Expanding the recommendation for annual influenza vaccination to school-age children in the United States. Pediatrics. 2012;129(suppl 2):S54-S62.
7. Poehling KA, Edwards KM, Weinberg GA, et al; for the New Vaccine Surveillance Network. The underrecognized burden of influenza in young children. N Engl J Med. 2006;355(1):31-40.
8. Longini IM Jr. A theoretic framework to consider the effect of immunizing schoolchildren against influenza: implications for research. Pediatrics. 2012;129(suppl 2):S63-S67.
9. Loeb M, Russell JL, Moss L, et al. Effect of influenza vaccination of children on infection rates in Hutterite communities: a randomized trial. JAMA. 2010;303(10):943-950.
10. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FluView. Laboratory-confirmed influenza hospitalizations. Preliminary data as of Aug 10, 2013. http://www.nyc.gov/cgi-bin/exit.pl?url=http://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/FluHospChars.html. Accessed August 16, 2013.
11. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC reports about 90 percent of children who died from flu this season not vaccinated. March 22, 2013. www.cdc.gov/flu/spotlights/children-flu-deaths.htm. Accessed March 29, 2013.
12. New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Communicable Disease Control. Statewide influenza surveillance report for week ending May 18, 2013. www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/influenza/surveillance/2012-2013/flu_report_current_week.pdf. Accessed July 24, 2013.
13. New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. NYC Influenza Information. Surveillance data, September 30, 2012-May 22, 2013. www.nyc.gov/html/doh/flu/html/data/data.shtml. Accessed July 23, 2013
14. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Seasonal influenza (flu). Children, the flu, and the flu vaccine. Updated August 22, 2013. www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/children.htm. Accessed September 12, 2013.
15. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Seasonal flu vaccine safety and pregnant women. January 2, 2013. www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/qa_vacpregnant.htm. Accessed August 16, 2013.
16. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Influenza. In: Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Disease. 12th ed. Washington, DC: Public Health Foundation; 2012:chap 11.
17. Stream GR, Block RW, Kennedy HP, et al; Department of Health and Human Services. Dear Colleague letter on vaccination in pregnant and postpartum women. December 5, 2011. www.cdc.gov/flu/pdf/nivw/influenza-pregnancy-letter.pdf. Accessed August 16, 2013.
18. Pearson ML, Bridges CB, Harper SA. Influenza vaccination of health-care personnel. recommendations of the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC) and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006;55(RR02):1-16. Erratum in: MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006:55(9):252.
19. Talbot TR, Babcock H, Caplan A, et al. Revised SHEA position paper: influenza vaccination of healthcare personnel. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010;31(10):987-995.
20. New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. EpiQuery: NYC interactive health data. New York City Community Health Survey, 2009, 2011. https://a816-healthpsi.nyc.gov/epiquery/. Accessed June 13, 2013.
21. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Seasonal influenza (flu). Additional information about vaccination of specific populations. Published for the 2010-11 influenza season; adapted for the 2012-2013 influenza season. www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/acip/specificpopulations.htm. Accessed August 14, 2013.
22. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Influenza vaccination coverage among health-care personnel—United States, 2010-11 influenza season. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011;60(32):1073-1077.
23. National Vaccine Advisory Committee. Strategies to achieve the Healthy People 2020 annual influenza vaccine coverage goal for health-care personnel: Recommendations from the National Vaccine Advisory Committee. Public Health Rep. 2013;128(1):7-25. www.publichealthreports.org/issueopen.cfm?articleID=2925. Accessed April 18, 2013.
24. Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA). IDSA policy on mandatory immunization of health care workers against seasonal and pandemic influenza. http://www.nyc.gov/cgi-bin/exit.pl?url=http://www.idsociety.org/HCWimmunization/. Accessed August 29, 2013.
25. New York State Department of Health. Regulation for Prevention of Influenza Transmission by Healthcare and Residential Facility and Agency Personnel. www.health.ny.gov/FluMaskReg. Accessed July 31, 2013.
26. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Ambulatory Surgical Center Quality Reporting Program. Quality Measure Specifications Manual. Version 3.0. Updated July 2013. http://www.nyc.gov/cgi-bin/exit.pl?url=https://www.qualitynet.org/dcs/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=QnetPublic%2FPage%2FQnetTier2&cid=1228772475754. Accessed August 14, 2013.
27. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Vaccine effectiveness—how well does the flu vaccine work? Questions & answers. www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/vaccineeffect.htm. Accessed June 25, 2013.
28. Thompson M; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Updated adjusted estimates of 2012-13 seasonal influenza vaccine effectiveness in the United States. June 20, 2013. www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-jun-2013/04-Influenza-Thompson.pdf. Accessed August 14, 2013.
29. Talbot HK, Griffin MR, Chen G, Zhu Y, Williams JV, Edwards KM. Effectiveness of seasonal vaccine in preventing confirmed influenza-associated hospitalizations in community dwelling older adults. J Infect Dis. 2011;203(4):500-508.
30. Talbot HK, Zhu Y, Chen Q, Williams JV, Thompson MG, Griffin MR. Effectiveness of influenza vaccine for preventing laboratory-confirmed influenza hospitalization in adults, 2011-2012 influenza season. Clin Infect Dis. 2013;56(12):1774-1777.
31. Reed C, Meltzer MI, Finelli L, Fiore A. Public health impact of including two lineages of influenza B in a quadrivalent seasonal influenza vaccine. Vaccine. 2012;30(11):1993-1998.
32. Rhorer J, Ambrose CS, Dickinson S, et al. Efficacy of live attenuated influenza vaccine in children: A meta-analysis of nine randomized clinical trials. Vaccine. 2009;27(7):1101-1110.
33. Belshe RB, Edwards KM, Vesikari T, et al, for the CAIV-T Comparative Efficacy Study Group. N Engl J Med. 2007;356(7):685-696.
34. Offit PA. Vaccine update. Division of Infectious Diseases, Vaccine Education Center at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Perelman School of Medicine, The University of Pennsylvania. March 2013. www.chop.edu/export/download/pdfs/articles/vaccine-healthcare-providers/webinar-spring2013.pdf. Accessed April 8, 2013.
35. US Food and Drug Administration. Vaccines, Blood & Biologics. Influenza virus vaccine safety & availability. January 15, 2013. www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/VaccineSafety/ucm110288.htm. Accessed April 16, 2013.
36. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Vaccines & immunizations. Possible side-effects from vaccine. August 29, 2012. www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/side-effects.htm#flu. Accessed April 17, 2013.
37. Flucelvax [package insert]. Cambridge, MA: Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics; 2012.
38. Fluarix Quadrivalent [package insert]. Research Triangle Park, NC: GlaxoSmithKline; 2012.
39. FluMist Quadrivalent [package insert]. Gaithersburg, MD: MedImmune; 2012.
40. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Active Bacterial Core Surveillance (ABCs). ABCs Report. Streptococcus pneumoniae, 2010 (Original). Updated April 25, 2012. www.cdc.gov/abcs/reports-findings/survreports/spneu10-orig.html. Accessed April 23, 2013.
41. New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. New York City Community Health Survey, 2010; 2008. Pneumonia vaccination by race/ethnicity among adults aged 65 years or older. https://a816-healthpsi.nyc.gov/epiquery/. Accessed April 17, 2013.
42. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Pneumococcal disease. Prevention. Vaccine. Updated June 7, 2013. www.cdc.gov/pneumococcal/clinicians/prevention.html. Accessed June 12, 2013.
43. New York State Department of Health. New York State Immunization Schedule for Pneumococcal Vaccine. www.health.ny.gov/prevention/immunization/schools/docs/pneumococcal_schedule.pdf. Accessed April 8, 2013.
44. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Supplementary provider information: PCV13 VIS. February 27, 2013. www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/pcv13-hcp-info.html. Accessed August 16, 2013.
45. Murphy PA, Frazee SG, Cantlin JP, Cohen E, Rosan JR, Harshburger DE. Pharmacy provision of influenza vaccinations in medically underserved communities. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2012;52(1):67-70.
46. Fiore AE, Fry A, Shay D, Gubareva L, Bresee JS, Uyeki TM. Antiviral agents for the treatment and chemoprophylaxis of influenza. Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Recomm Rep. 2011;60(11):1-26.
47. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Seasonal influenza (flu). Influenza antiviral medications: summary for clinicians. December 22, 2012. www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/antivirals/summary-clinicians.htm. Accessed April 17, 2013.
48. Kroger AT, Sumaya CV, Pickering LK, Atkinson WL. General recommendations on immunization. Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Recomm Rep. 2011;60(RR02):1-60.