- Implementing public policies to improve health to complement what can be done by individuals and medical providers.
- Improving neighborhood conditions that impact
health, such as safe homes and access to healthy, affordable foods.
- A focus on children's health given children's unique and important health needs and our opportunity to promote life-long healthy behaviors.
- Reducing health disparities among New Yorkers of different races, ethnicities and income levels.
► See the Take Care New York 2012 Plan (PDF)
Take Care New York 2012 established ambitious objectives to achieve the greatest improvements in the health of New Yorkers. Forty-one goals were set in 10 keys areas categorized into three broad areas:
- Policies: Developing laws, regulations, and other policies that will improve environmental, economic, and social conditions that impact health.
- Prevention, Quality, and Access: Improving the quality of health care, emphasizing preventive care, and expanding access to care.
- Health Promotion: Informing, educating, and engaging New Yorkers to improve their health and the health of their communities.
► See Take Care New York 2012: Tracking the City'a Progress, 2009-2010 (PDF)
► See previous years' progress reports
Last Updated 12/18/12