Proposed rules have been published on NYC Rules, New York City’s one-stop portal for agency rulemaking. Visitors to NYC Rules can comment online (or by regular mail) on any of the proposals during the public comment period. DOHMH will also be holding public hearings at which members of the public can appear and comment in person on the proposed rules.
Regulatory Agenda FY15 (PDF)
Regulatory Agenda FY14 (PDF)
HIPAA - Notice of Privacy (PDF)
Other languages: [En Español] [中文] [정의] [عربي] [বাংলা] [Tiẽng Viêt] [Русский] [हिन्दी] [Français] [יידיש] [Creole] [اُردو]
Statement Regarding Hybrid Entity Status Pursuant to HIPAA (PDF)
Please note that all notices are in PDF format.
2014 Notices of Intention
- Proposed resolution to amend Articles 205 and 207 of the New York City Health Code regarding records of death information.
- Proposed resolution to amend Article 207, section 207.05 of the New York City Health Code to remove convertive surgery requirement for transgender birth certificate applicants.
- Proposed resolution to amend Chapter 10 (Smoking Under the New York City Clean Indoor Air Act) of Title 24 of the Rules of the City of New York to: (1) reflect amendments to the Smoke-Free Air Act made by Local Law 152 of 2013 prohibiting the use of electronic cigarettes in certain places; (2) facilitate enforcement of the Smoke-Free Air Act; and (3) repeal provisions that are out of date.
- Proposed resolution to add a new chapter to the Department’s rules to clarify the tobacco sales requirements in Local Laws 94 and 97 of 2013, also known as the Tobacco 21 and Sensible Tobacco Enforcement laws, respectively.
- Proposed resolution to amend Chapter 21 (Health Academy Courses and Fees) of Title 24 of the Rules of the City of New York, delete reference to a swimming pool technology course and fee, add a new provision to implement a food service establishment consultative inspection program and establish fees, and amend the Chapter title.
- Proposed resolution to amend Chapter 23 (Food Service Establishment Sanitary Inspection Procedures and Letter Grading) of Title 24 of the Rules of the City of New York to add a new Appendix C with fixed penalties for adjudicated violations and to change the name of the former Administrative Tribunal to the Health Tribunal.
- Proposed resolution to amend Articles 11 and 13 of the Health Code, deleting, amending and adding requirements for reporting of certain communicable diseases by health care providers and clinical laboratories and clarifying various provisions related to the authority of the Department.
- Proposed resolution to amend §47.25 of Article 47 (Child Care Services) of the New York City Health Code, found in Title 24 of the Rules of the City of New York to correct a drafting error by changing the term “school” to “permittee.”
- Proposed resolution to amend Article 141 of the Health Code to require building owners to demonstrate that the annual inspections of drinking water tanks as mandated by the New York City Health Code and the Administrative Code of the City of New York have been completed, and to authorize the Department to publish rules dictating the manner and form for submitting that documentation.
2014 Notices of Adoption