Information for Landlords &
The resources on this page can help landlords and building managers prevent bed bug infestations and safely control them when they occur.
What Landlords and Building Managers Can Do
- Provide tenants with information about bed bugs. Share the guide Preventing and Getting Rid of Bed Bugs Safely.
- Encourage everyone to report bed bugs as soon as they know or think they have a problem.
- Notify tenants, and inspect all units adjacent to, above and below apartments found to have bed bugs.
- Hire a pest management professional to treat for bed bugs. Be wary of companies that make unrealistic claims that bed bugs can be controlled with one visit.
- Help tenants if they cannot move furniture themselves or need help
getting rid of clutter.
- Give advance notice of the planned use of pesticides.
- Inspect upon vacancy and if necessary treat units to ensure they have no bed bugs or other pests