SCRIE and DRIE Tenant Programs

You may qualify for a rent increase exemption program if you meet both of these requirements:

  1. Rent an apartment that is rent regulated (rent controlled, rent stabilized, hotel stabilized or Mitchell-Lama) and;
  2. You are a senior citizen or have a disability.


Read the new SCRIE/DRIE report on identifying and enrolling eligible households.