Property Refund Forms

   City Register application to Claim a Refund of recording fees.

Real Property Transfer Tax (RPTT) Refunds
Requests for Refunds must be made within one year of the date of payment.

Submit a written request, and include proof of payment (front and back of the cancelled check) or the receipts from the City Register / Division of Land Records showing payment, and a copy of the cover pages for the original real property transfer tax return filing to:

NYC Department of Finance
Business/Excise Tax Refund Unit
59 Maiden Lane, 20th floor
New York, NY 10038

No interest is paid on Real Property Transfer Tax refunds.