To submit a FOIL request for Department of Finance records, please follow the instructions below. To submit a FOIL request for another City agency, please visit nyc.gov to go to that agency's web site.
Before making your request for Finance records, we recommend you take advantage of all of the free information available to the public on the Finance website or the City's main website at nyc.gov.
Making a FOIL Request
All requests for printed documents or records must be submitted in writing, either by e-mail or letter, to the Finance Records Access Officer.
Send letters to:
New York City Department of Finance
Records Access Officer
345 Adams Street, 3rd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
E-mail the Finance Records Access Officer
Please include the following information in your request:
- Describe the records you are seeking as specifically as possible, including as much of the following as possible:
- The title(s) of documents,
- File designations,
- Any other information that will enable the Records Access Officer to identify the record(s) you are requesting.
- Include also how you would like to receive the requested information if your request is approved, or partially approved.
- Include a daytime phone number, in case the Records Access Officer has any questions about your request.
If Finance Denies a FOIL Request
If your request is denied, either in whole, or in part, we will explain the reason to you and inform you of how to appeal our decision.
The cost for photocopying requested documents is 25 cents per page for standard size hard copies.
When you receive the information you have requested, you will be informed in writing of the cost of processing your request and will receive instructions for making payment for the information supplied to you.