Any vendor providing the City with services valued at more than $25,000 per year is required to enroll in the Vendor Payment Direct Deposit program. We encourage all vendors that do business with the City to enroll in the Direct Deposit program.
Benefits of Direct Deposit (“EFT”) Payments
- Electronic payment is safer and more secure - Paper checks can be lost in the mail, stolen, or delivered to the wrong address.
- Receive payments faster EFT payments are deposited directly into your bank account. You don’t wait for the check to arrive by mail or for the check to clear after it has been deposited.
- Electronic payment records are available online - Use the City's Payee Information Portal (PIP) for current vendor payment records.
You must provide all requested information. Please ask your bank representative for help if you have any questions about your EFT enrollment form.
You must submit all required documents with your application. Your application must include one of the following:
- A voided check for the bank account indicated on the EFT enrollment application. The check must have the vendor’s name printed on it.
- Encoded deposit ticket for the account indicated on the application with the vendor’s name printed on it.
- A letter from your financial institution verifying the bank account ownership. The letter must include the vendor name, account number and bank routing (ABA) number;
- Bank account statement for the account indicated on the application.
Mail or fax a voided check or a pre-printed deposit slip to:
NYC Department of Finance
Treasury Division, EFT Enrollment Coordinator
66 John Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10038
When Will EFT Payments Begin?
We will verify the information with your bank after we receive the completed EFT enrollment application and a copy of your voided check or bank account deposit slip. The verification process may take up to ten business days. If there are no problems, your next payment will be deposited directly into your bank account. If there are problems during the verification process, we will contact you.
How to Keep Track of Payment Information
To get information and keep track of invoices and EFT payments:
- Access the City's website, Payee Information Portal (PIP), for information on past and future payments by invoice number.
- Ask your bank's ACH Department for a copy of the EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) information after receipt of each deposit.