Looking for a career with advancement opportunities?
Join New York's Boldest —
Become a New York City CORRECTION OFFICER
- Salary increasing to $76,488 after 5 1/2 years of service
- $1,677 per year holiday pay increasing to $3,411 after
5 1/2 years
- Uniform allowance of $1100 per year
- 13 paid vacation days, increasing to 27 days after 5 years
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid health insurance
- Longevity pay ranges from $4,365 to $7,365 after 5, 10, 15, and 20 years of service
Now through June 29, 2013 - Walk-In Examination for Correction Officer.
The schedule for Correction Officer testing at the Brooklyn and Manhattan Computerized Testing Centers for April is as follows:
Thursday- 1:30PM and 5:30 PM
Friday- 9:30 AM and 1:30PM
Additional Information on NYC Job Exams and Training
The Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) offers a range of services to persons seeking employment with the City of New York and to current employees seeking additional training.
About NYC Job Exams
Civil Service Exam Schedule
Training Opportunities for City Employees
Online Job Exam Applications
You may also apply online for exams for various city jobs and promotional opportunities, including upcoming Correction Officer exams. The City of New York Online Application System Website (OASys), a service offered by DCAS, allows you to sign up for an exam and pay the application fee online.