The visit schedule is based on the first letter of an inmates' last name.
REGISTRATION AND VISIT HOURS
THERE ARE NO VISITS ON MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY :
Registration hours for all facilities on Rikers Island as well as the Manhattan Detention Complex in Manhattan and the Vernon C. Bain Center in the Bronx on Wednesdays and Thursdays are from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Visits are permitted from 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm, but you must register by 8:00 pm.
FRIDAY, SATURDAY, & SUNDAY :
Registration hours for the above facilities on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm. Visits will begin no earlier than 8:00 am and end at 4:00 pm, but you must register by 2:00 pm.
Please note that the start of visiting hours can be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances.
Visitors have to check visitation schedule to make sure their friend or family member is eligible for visits that day.
NUMBER OF VISITS AND VISITORS
Inmates are permitted to visit with up to three (3) visitors at the same time, with the maximum number to be determined by conditions set forth in each facility, availability of space, and volume of visitors/inmates. Detainees may receive visits three (3) times per week. Sentenced inmates may receive visits two (2) times per week. All inmates are limited to one visit session per visit day, regardless of the number of visitors in that session.
NEW VISITORS' IDENTIFICATION POLICY
- All visitors 16 years of age and older must present valid, current identification that contains a photograph and signature. Acceptable forms of identification for all visitors are listed below.
- Children under the age of 16 who are accompanied by an adult over 18 ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PRESENT ANY IDENTIFICATION AT ALL (including birth certificates.)
- A 16-year-old or 17-year-old with valid identification may accompany a child under the age of 16 if he or she is the parent of that child and the inmate being visited is also the parent of the same child. In this case, the 16-or 17-year-old must produce a birth certificate for the child.
Acceptable forms of identification from any state or territory in the U.S.:
- Current driver's license
- School identification
- DMV non-driver license identification card Other acceptable forms of identification:
- Resident alien or permanent resident card issued by the U.S. Department of Justice
- Passport (from any country
- NYS benefits identification card (Medicaid/food stamp photo ID
- US Armed Services identification
- Consulate-issued or diplomatic identification
Identification that has been altered or manipulated will not be accepted.
NOTE: Coin lockers are available at Rikers Island Visit Registration for storage of personal property. Lockers are NOT available at borough facilities.
Weapons, Narcotics, Tobacco / Cigarettes / Matches / Lighters, Electronics, Cell Phones, Cell Phones Accessories, Law Enforcement Badge, Anything that resembles a Law Enfocement Badge, Unidentified Liquids / Gels (Vaseline, Coffee, Perfume), Uniforms, Gums, Pictures of an Inmate / Inmate ID / False ID, Sharp Metal and / or Glass, Fake or Toy Guns Knives and or Bullets, Unlabeled Medications, Tools, Law Enforcement Equipment permitted on Rikers Island.