Permissible items must be brought in an open shopping bag or mailed. Packages cannot exceed fifteen pounds (15 lbs.) and shall be less than twenty-four inches (24") wide, twelve inches (12") high, and twenty-four inches (24") deep.
All items will be thoroughly searched for contraband. Anyone bringing contraband into the facilities will be arrested and prosecuted.
· Toiletries and food items are prohibited. They must be purchased by the inmate in the commissary.
· Cash for inmate fund accounts is no longer being accepted by mail. Only money orders and cashier checks will be accepted by mail.
· NO clothing, footwear or accessory is permitted in the colors of red, yellow, and light blue.
The following is a list of the ONLY items that may be brought in for an inmate or sent by mail.
1. *One Coat (Non-uniform, No Blue or Camouflage, No leather, “Carhart” “Dickies” or Bubble Coats, etc.)
2. *One Suit Jacket (Non-Uniform, No Blue or Camouflage, No leather or “Carhart’).
3. *One Pair of Gloves (For outdoor cold weather, October-April). No work or leather gloves, knit type only.
4. *One Hat/Cap (Non-uniform, no stocking type caps).
5. *One Raincoat (Non-Uniform or reversible, no black, no camouflage and no hoods).
6. ** One pair of Shoes or Sneakers, (No hollow chambers or platform soles, Converse All-Stars high tops, New Balance, Nike or Adidas sneakers or boots, to be used for on-trial court appearances or a significant family event. Shoes cannot have metal supports/shoe shanks).
7. ** Two sets of shoelaces to be used for on-trial court appearance or a significant family event.
8. Four sets of underclothing (In accordance with the inmate’s sex unless otherwise approved by medical).
9. Four pairs of socks.
10. Four pairs of Stockings, Panty hose, Knee-hi’s (Combination) - (female only).
11. Two pairs of pajamas (men).
12. Two nightgowns or two pairs of pajamas (female only).
13. One bathrobe.
14. One Housecoat (female only).
15. *Two sweaters/sweatshirts (combination) (sweatshirts - no hoods or pockets).
16. *Two pairs of Shorts or Cut-off Long Pants.
17. *Four pairs of pants (Non-uniform, no dark blue or camouflage).
18. *Four shirts/blouses (Non-uniform, no white, dark blue or camouflage).
19. *Four dresses (female only).
20. *Four skirts (female only).
21. *One Belt (Maximum 1 ½” wide, buckle maximum 2 ¼ “ x 2”, Non-elastic).
22. *One tie (No black) (male only) (Not allowed for inmates housed in mental health observation).
23. Two handkerchiefs (white only).
24. Two scrunchies (ponytail holder).
*Items marked with an asterisk (*) are not allowed for any sentenced inmate unless he/she is scheduled for court or is going to attend a significant family event.
** Inmates are not permitted to wear personal footwear, except for scheduled on-trial court appearances or significant family events. Upon admission, all inmates are issued one pair of Department issued footwear. All inmates are allowed to have one (1) pair of personal footwear in their property, which will only be re-issued for scheduled on-trial court appearances or significant family events.
There is no restriction upon incoming or outgoing prisoner correspondence based upon either the amount of correspondence sent or received, or the language in which correspondence is written. There is no limit on the amount of legal material and law books or legal publications an inmate may receive provided that, as stated above, no package may exceed fifteen pounds (15 lbs.) and each package must be less than twenty-four inches (24") wide, twelve inches (12") high, and twenty-four inches (24") deep. Inmates may receive one cubic foot (12 inches X 12 inches X 12 inches) of non-legal printed materials, including soft and hardcover books, magazines, newspapers, periodicals, pamphlets, advertisements and other printed articles, in any combination.
Although we discourage inmates from receiving and possessing jewelry, inmates may receive the following items of jewelry.
· One (1) watch (date and time functions only - maximum value $50)
· One (1) wedding band (no stones or protrusions - maximum value $150)
· One (1) religious medal (no stones, pins, or protrusions) if worn around neck, a thin chain no longer than 26 inches may be worn (maximum value $50)
· One (1) calendar
· Six (6) pencils (No erasers, no metal parts)
· Six (6) charcoal sketch pencils
· Two (2) erasers (gum, rubber, or ink)
· Three (3) composition books
· Six (6) pads
· One (1) pack of writing paper
· Ten (10) envelopes
· One (1) ruler (No metal or metal edge)
· One (1) portfolio (legal size, cardboard only)
· One (1) pair of Prescription eyeglasses
Inmates may not possess or receive photographs that include pictures of themselves. Polaroid photographs are prohibited.