Newsletter Sign-up Weather Advisories Owner's Bill of Rights Printer Friendly Format Translate This Page
House #
Street Name
Hiring a Professional

Hiring a Professional

Before hiring a professional to work on your home, owners should make sure that the individual holds a valid license with the City of New York.

License Search
The Buildings Department issues 25 different licenses and registrations, including general contractors building one-, two-, and three-family homes.
Search DOB Licenses
List of DOB Licenses

Home Improvement Contractors
The Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) licenses Home Improvement Contractors.
Search DCA Licenses

Architects & Engineers
Construction plans must be submitted by an architect or engineer with a license from New York State.
Search NYS Licenses