STEP 1: REQUIREMENTS
To apply for Sustainable Contractor Designation, you must:
NOTE: If you do not have an efiling account, visit the efiling section on the Department’s website and create an account.
STEP 2: QUALIFICATIONS
To obtain Sustainable Contractor Designation, you must:
STEP 3: CERTIFICATION/CREDENTIALS
To obtain Sustainable Contractor Designation, you must have at least one of the below certifications/credentials corresponding to your license type.
STEP 4: HOW TO APPLY
To apply for Sustainable Contractor Designation, complete and submit the online application and upload all necessary forms. Follow the directions below to complete your application and upload all necessary information.
- Login into your eFiling account to access the online application
Fill out the online application, including all necessary certification/credential(s) information
- Submit your online application
- Once you have submitted the online application, you will be redirected to the certificate upload form
- Fill out the certificate upload form, including all the required information and upload your certification/credential(s)
NOTE: If you are an Energy Star Builder, you will be required to upload a copy of the list from the Energy Star website where it indicates your business name as an active partner.
Once you have submitted the certificate upload form, you will receive an email from the Department’s Licensing Unit confirming your submission. The Licensing Unit will then review your forms and certification/credential(s). This process takes approximately 2-3 weeks. After your review is complete, you will receive an email with your status:
- If you are denied, you may contact the Licensing Unit for more information
- If you are approved, your designation and certificate information will appear on your BISWeb online profile. The designation will appear on your new license card at your next renewal
For more information, contact the Licensing Unit at (212) 393-2259.