Newsletter Sign-up Weather Advisories Owner's Bill of Rights Printer Friendly Format Translate This Page
House #
Street Name
Professional / Inter-Agency Identification Card

To obtain a Professional/Agency Identification Card, you must be:

  • At least eighteen (18) years old

  • A registered Architect or Professional Engineer in New York State

Submit the following documents in person to:
New York City Department of Buildings
Licensing Unit
280 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10007

  • Typewritten LIC9 application

  • PENS form

  • Your original Professional NYS License/Registration Certificate

  • Photo ID (driver’s license, learner’s permit, passport or green card)

  • A typed and signed letter from your employer on company letterhead verifying your employment and authorization to represent the Agency(Inter-Agency Personnel only)

Printable Checklist (PDF)