When emergency work is necessary, Licensed Master Plumbers, Licensed Master Fire Suppression Piping Contractors and Licensed Oil Burner Installers may file an Emergency Work Notice and perform the work prior to filing a Limited Alteration Application (LAA1). Applicants are encouraged to use the efiling system to file their applications in order to speed up the approval process.
Emergency work includes:
- Repairs to address an emergency or hazardous condition that needs immediate attention
- Restoration of gas for cooking purposes in 9 or more residential dwelling units.
Include the following on the Emergency Work Notice:
- Address where the work is occurring
- Nature of the emergency or hazardous condition
- Name, license number, telephone and fax number, and/or e-mail address of the licensed contractor performing the work
- A statement that an LAA1 will be filed within 5 business days and, if necessary all other required forms and permits will be filed and approved within 60 days
To file an Emergency Work Notice:
Fax the notification:
(212) 566 – 5823
Faxes must include the licensee's signature and seal.
E-mail the notification:
Deliver the notification:
Limited Alteration Applications Unit
280 Broadway, 5th Floor
Monday through Friday
9:00am to 4:00pm