No Gas Card Required Under The Following Circumstances:
A. Emergency Work
1. Minor emergency leak repairs of gas distribution piping (4" pipe or less) involving tightening or replacement of a "fully visible" fitting of the same size only, such as an elbow, tee, valve, appliance valve, union and/or up to two feet of piping including filling performed by a licensed plumber. The Utility Company must perform an integrity test on the affected line(s) prior to restoring service and a plumber must file a written report describing the details of such repairs with the Department of Buildings on the first normal workday following the repair.
2. Emergency hazardous leak repairs of gas distribution piping, (4" pipe or less) that exceeds the provisions of 1.A.1, performed by the utility company or licensed master plumber, provided that a written report describing the details of such repairs is filed with the Department of Buildings on the first normal workday following the repair. The Utility Company must perform an integrity test on the affected line(s) prior to restoring service.
Note: If hazardous leak is due to a fire or accident, a Gas Card is required prior to restoration of service. (See 2.A.1).
3. Emergency restoration of discontinued service by the Utility Company to the building where the shut-off is due to fire or accident AFFECTING THE GAS PIPING, where the affected riser/piping has been ISOLATED (disconnected) from the other piping. If isolation of the affected piping is not possible, a GAS CARD is required prior to the restoration of service.
However, the remaining piping (unaffected) must pass an integrity test by the Utility Company.NOTE: A Gas Card is required prior to restoring gas to the affected piping.
4. Restoration of discontinued service by the Utility Company when the shut-off is due to fire or accident, which DID NOT AFFECT THE GAS PIPING as confirmed by the Utility Company and an integrity test is performed by the Utility Company.
B. NON-EMERGENCY WORK
1. Installation of gas service and gas meter piping by the Utility Company.
2. Installation by the Utility Company of a replacement meter of the same size only. (No customer/contractor work involved).
3. Installation by the Utility Company of a replacement meter having an increased capacity, where the replacement is due to registration or test purposes. This may be done by the Utility Company without a Gas Card only WHERE THE UTILITY COMPANY HAS ESTABLISHED BY FIELD INSPECTION THAT NO GAS WORK WAS PERFORMED.
4. Replacement of an EXISTING APPLIANCE in place (like and kind). Limited to the flexible connection after the appliance cock, where applicable.
5. Restoration of discontinued service by the Utility Company at the meter, where the interruption is periodic, seasonal or temporary or where service has been discontinued solely because the occupancy has been discontinued. However, the piping must pass an integrity test by the Utility Company.