NYC Foursquare Bucket List #NYCMustSee4sq Contest
In honor of Foursquare Day, the City of New York is holding a Foursquare contest asking New Yorkers to submit a list of the top 5 places they think every New Yorker or visitor should see. The winner's list will become an official Foursquare List of the City of New York. The winner will also be featured on NYCGov's social media, and get a tweet from @foursquare,a tour of Foursquare's NYC office, some Foursquare gifts and 2 passes for a tour at Lincoln Center!
The #NYCMustSee4sq contest encourages New Yorkers to highlight places they like to go and share their favorite hidden gems with others. Venues can include places like cultural institutions, parks, bridges, sporting venues and more.
Here are the rules:
Not sure how to create a list? Click here to learn how.
- Include the hashtag #NYCmustsee4sq when naming your list in order to enter the contest
- Your list must be set as public so we can search for it
- Your list must include 5 places from at least 3 boroughs
- Venues should be family-friendly and must not require spending more than $30 or more to enjoy. (Please avoid private venues such as residential addresses, private property, etc.)
- Tip: Add photos to your lists to make it stand out!
Entries will be judged by a panel of judges including Foursquare founder, Dennis Crowley and the City's Chief Digital Officer Rachel Haot, and a representative from the City's official tourism organization, NYC & Company. Entries will be judged on creative choice of venues, geographical and borough diversity and the overall appeal of the list.
The contest will run from April 17th to April 26th with the finalist being announced on May 2nd.
To enter, read the full contest rules and submit your #NYCmustsee4sq list on Foursquare.com.