NYC DIGITAL FALL INTERNSHIP
NYC Digital, part of the New York City Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment, is seeking a fall intern skilled in social media tools and strategy. This individual should have excellent communications & writing skills, professional experience in digital media, and mastery of prominent digital media platforms and analytics applications. The intern will play an important role in supporting New York City's digital media presence by contributing to social media channels, facilitating digital communications coordination with City agencies, assisting in citywide digital events and meeting the local tech community. Applicants should have an interest in digital media and the technology industry.
- Assist in creating content for the City's central social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube and Foursquare
- Assist in updating NYC Digital's social media channels, including Twitter and Tumblr
- Monitor conversations from the social media channels
- Perform analysis related to the City's social media activity
- Support coordination of social media messages and social media managers across City agencies
- Help plan digital events hosted by the Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment
- Attend meetings with local technology companies and record meeting minutes
- Experience in digital strategy and social media and/or online community management
- Fluency in digital media, including platforms such as Facebook pages, Twitter, YouTube, Quora, Flickr, Tumblr, Pinterest and Foursquare
- Familiarity with social media and web analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Maturity and attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and meet deadlines under pressure
- Entrpreneurial, self-starter mentality
- Mastery of MS Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with mobile technology and devices such as iPhone, Android, iPad, etc.
- Current on technology and digital media developments via blogs and Twitter
- Early adopter of new apps, platforms, devices, etc.
- Light HTML familiarity and graphic design a plus
- Experience in web project management or launching a startup a plus
- Interns must be able to work at least two days per week for a minimum of one semester.
- Internships are unpaid. Applicants must be currently enrolled in a college or university and be able to show proof of residence in NYC during the period of the internship.
- If you are interested in applying for an internship, please send your cover letter, resume and availability to email@example.com and include "Digital Internship" in the subject line.