Case management agencies funded by the Department for the Aging (DFTA) help seniors who need assistance managing activities of daily living access the services and resources they need. Services include:
- A visit to your home to assess your needs and develop a care plan.
- Arranging for you to receive supportive DFTA-funded services such as home-delivered meals and/or home care. Note: You cannot receive DFTA home care if you are eligible for the Medicaid Personal Care Program. Your case manager will help you access the services you need from Medicaid.
- Referral for other community- or borough-based services.
- Evaluation of your benefit/entitlement needs.
- Advocacy with landlords, utility companies, benefit programs.
- Counseling on long-term care issues.
- Regular contact with you to ensure that the services you are receiving continue to meet your needs.
Case management services are free. DFTA case management agencies are located in every borough.