Newsletter Sign-up Printer Friendly Format Translate This Page Text Size Small Medium Large

DEP Signs


Recreational users may encounter two styles of DEP “Entry by Permit” signs when hiking on City-owned watershed lands: the older white sign on the left and the newer blue sign on the right. DEP Access Permits are required on all City-owned lands that are posted with these signs.


DEP designates certain City-owned lands as Public Access Areas which do not require users to have a DEP Access Permit for recreational uses. Many of these Public Access Areas are adjacent to New York State lands that are managed by the State Department of Environmental Conservation.


Recreational users should pay close attention to the types of DEP signs that are posted on City-owned watershed lands because certain properties that are marked “No Trespassing” or “Posted” are not open for public use.

Hunting & Trapping

DEP signs for special hunting areas on City-owned watershed lands.

Reservoir Levels

Current: %

Normal: %