DEP Customer Service News
DEP Introduces Improved Online Payment Options
As part of DEP's ongoing upgrade of its customer service, the agency now offers a variety of enhancements and options for account holders through the DEP website.
The new DEP online payment system includes the following enhancements:
- My DEP Account To pay your bill online, just visit nyc.gov/dep and click the blue My DEP Account button at the top of the page. Once you set up your account, you'll be able to see and pay your bill online. Metered customers will also be able to track their water use and sign up for leak notification. Log in to My DEP Account.
- Direct Debit Metered customers can sign up for direct debit payments which authorize DEP to withdraw the billed amount from your account after it is issued.
- One-Time Payment Make a one-time payment using a credit card*, debit card*, checking account, or savings account.
- Recurring Payment Setup Set up a series of recurring payments to run automatically for a predetermined period.
- Manage Multiple Properties If you manage several properties, you can assign separate payment sources for each listed property. Please remember to register each additional account individually on both the payment site and My DEP Account.
- Email Alerts Receive notifications when a new charge is posted, a scheduled transaction is pending, or whena transaction is confirmed.
- Payment History You can easily review your payment and billing history online.
- Paperless Billing DEP is now offering its customers the convenience of paperless billing. By signing up to receive your bills online you’ll save time and help improve our environment by reducing paper consumption.
*Please note that there is a flat rate convenience fee of 2.45% for credit and debit cards. DEP does not accept Visa at this time.
In addition to the online payment option, DEP’s Bureau of Customer Service will continue to accept existing methods of payments: by mail, in-person at walk-in locations throughout the five boroughs, by interactive telephone, as well as other online payment opportunities.