DEP Employee Benefits
Our commitment to the highest quality of life for every New Yorker extends to every member of our team. That’s why we provide the resources, scheduling, and benefits you need to make the most of your life and career.
- Pension Plans (The New York Employees' Retirement System)
- Health Benefits
- Dental and Vision Coverage (through affiliated Unions)
- Prescription Drug Program (through affiliated Unions)
- 401(k) and 457(k) Retirement Savings Programs
- U.S. Savings Bonds
- Flexible Spending Program
- Training and Professional Development
- Paid Holidays, Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- College Savings Program
Answering the Call to Civil Service
The City fills many of its positions through the Civil Service Process -- a process guided by the New York State Civil Service Law. The law is in place to help ensure that the hiring process is competitive and fair. Generally, the City uses examinations to measure a potential candidate's "merit" and "fitness" for the particular position. Taking an examination is the start of the hiring process that may lead to you getting a job with the City.