Checklist for Submitting Permit Application for Single/Multiple Premise(s) Sewer House Connection(s)
Submit the following materials to apply for a permit:
- Single/Multiple Premise(s) Sewer House Connection(s) permit application form; AND
- A copy of the valid New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) work permit. The Building Identification Number (BIN) on the work permit must match the BIN on any associated Site or House Connection Proposal.
Note: At this time you will also be required to apply for a plug permit for any existing sewer connections for which there is no record of a plug.
The following additional documentation must be submitted as applicable:
If certification of a Site or House Connection Proposal is required:
- A copy of the certified Site Connection Proposal or House Connection Proposal; AND
- All documentation listed as conditions on the “Certification, Restrictions, Special Conditions” section of the certified Site or House Connection Proposal form (i.e., copies of legal documentation registered with the County Clerk).
If installing a detention tank:
- Technical Report (TR1), signed for identification of responsibilities and completion of inspection and sealed; AND
- Approved DOB inspection report OR form OP-98 [Notice/Results-Self-Certification of Plumbing Inspection(s)
If installing a roof detention system:
- Technical Report (TR1), signed for identification of responsibilities and completion of inspection and sealed; OR
- TR1, signed for identification of responsibilities AND a signed and sealed letter from the applicant affirming that the roof detention system will comply with DOB requirements.
If reusing a plugged connection:
- A copy of the Certificate of Inspection (C of I) for the original plug; AND
- Notarized affidavit signed by the owner / developer, professional applicant, and Licensed Plumber.
If using an existing connection:
- A copy of the C of I for each connection proposed to be used;
OR if the C of I is not available…
- A copy of the water and sewer bill; AND
- A copy of the dye test performed by DEP
If abandoning a cesspool/septic tank to connect to the City Sewer (one, two, or three family properties):
- An approved DOB Limited Alteration Application
If connecting a temporary trailer to the City sewer on a City street:
For temporary dewatering to a city sewer: