Welcome to DEP’s 2017 Water Resources
Art & Poetry Contest
Welcome to the New York City Department of Environmental Protection’s 31st annual Water Resources Art and Poetry Contest. Second through twelfth grade students attending public, independent, charter or parochial schools (or homeschooled) in New York City and East and West of Hudson Watersheds are invited to create original art and compose poetry that reflects an appreciation for our shared water resources.
In order to be certain that all students are accurately recognized for their achievements and to celebrate the participation of all educators, please refer to the following recommendations:
- All entries must be submitted using the online Entry Form. When submitting for a large group, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to accurately acknowledge all student participants, please be sure to complete and submit an Entry Form for each student, whether they worked individually or in a group.
- Please have all of the necessary information with you when you are ready to submit your Entry Form.
- Art and poetry files must be less than 10 MB. Click here for help with compressing a file. Files are acceptable in these formats: pdf, jpg, avi, wmv, mov, doc, txt, and rtf.
- The New York City Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) reserves the right to reprint and reproduce any or all art and poetry entries for education purposes.
Please email email@example.com with questions about the 2017 Water Resources Art and Poetry Contest or other DEP education programs and resources. We look forward to seeing your entries.