2014 Water Resources Art & Poetry Contest Guidelines
Thank you for participating in the 28th annual Water Resources Art and Poetry Contest. We look forward to seeing your entries.
Who is eligible to participate?
Second through twelfth grade public, independent, charter, parochial, and homeschooled students in New York City and the East and West of Hudson Watersheds.
What do I need to know about entering the contest?
- All entries must relate to New York’s water resources. A suggested list of topics is available by clicking on 2014 Art & Poetry Contest Themes.
- Students may work in small groups or individually.
- Use the Sample Entry Form to see what information is needed for each student entry. The accuracy of this information is very important since it will be used for all notifications and to acknowledge school participation.
- To participate in the contest, teachers, parents, principals or other adults must use the Online Entry Form.
- Art and poetry entries can be submitted online, by mail or delivered to DEP’s Queens office.
- Entries submitted by mail or delivered must be 22" x 28" or smaller and have a completed entry form attached securely on the back of each entry.
- All entries become the property of DEP.
How can I submit my entry online?
- Art and poetry files must be less than 10mb. Click here for help compressing a file.
- Art entry files (photos, digital art, videos) in a jpg, pdf, avi, wmv, or mov format will be accepted. We suggest submitting a photo of drawings, paintings, and 3D works.
- Poetry entry files in a doc, txt, rtf, or pdf format will be accepted.
- You will receive an email confirmation after you submit your entry form. Please review this carefully for accuracy.
How will the entries be judged?
Entries will be judged based on creativity in interpreting one or more of the contest themes, accuracy of information, originality, and skill.
An impartial panel of judges will review the entries and select art and one poetry winners from each category (grades 2-3,
4-6, 7-8, and 9-12). Please notify us about your student participants with special needs.
Entries will be displayed in various formats at the award ceremony in May.
All student participants will be honored at the award ceremony. Teachers and principals will be notified of student winners in April.
How and when will submissions be accepted?
Entries will be accepted from February 1 - March 1, 2014.
Please contact email@example.com with questions and inquiries. Thank you so much for your participation.