Newsletter Sign-up Printer Friendly Format Translate This Page Text Size Small Medium Large

Customer Forms

Customer Registration Form

When a property is sold in New York City, the new owner must alert DEP to the transfer of ownership by completing a Customer Registration Form. This form provides DEP with the appropriate mailing information for future water and sewer bills.

New property owners must fill out this application and mail it to DEP at the address provided on the form. The form can be completed directly in the Adobe Acrobat Reader or by hand.

Refund and Transfer of Credit Application

Customers who have a credit balance on one of their water and sewer accounts may request that the credit be transferred to another property, account, or be refunded to them in the form of a check. Please be advised that all requests must be accompanied by proof of payment through cancelled checks and receipts.

To transfer or refund credit, please complete the Refund and Transfer of Credit Application and mail it to the address listed on the form.

Customer Dispute Form

DEP now offers an easy way for customers to submit and resolve billing disputes. Simply click the link below, fill out a Customer Dispute Form and then print and mail the completed form to the address listed on the form.

Water and Sewer Exemption

Certain qualifying organizations may be entitled to an exemption* from water and sewer charges. Eligibility is dependent on several factors and interested parties should review and complete the required sections as indicated in the Application for Exemption from Water and Sewer Charges (accessible by using the link below). Please read the General Instructions carefully (pages 1 through 4), complete and return the Required Documentation Checklist (page 5), and complete, notarize, and return the Application (pages 6 and 7). All supporting documentation and required forms must be mailed or delivered to the address provided in the General Instructions on the form.

*Consumption less than 9,493 CCF per year will result in a full exemption of water and sewer charges for the property. If consumption is between 9,494 and 19,053 CCF, the property will receive a partial exemption and charges for the property will be billed at ‘one half’ the total consumption. If consumption exceeds 19,053 CCF per year, the property will receive no reduction and will be billed at the full rate for the total consumption.

Election of Metered Billing Form for Multi-Family Properties with Four or More Residential Units

Owners of multi-family dwellings with four or more units billed on a fiscal (annual flat-rate) basis can elect to switch to metered billing if they determine it to be financially advantageous. Please be advised that DEP cannot advise customers in this matter.

All conversions to metered billing are final and cannot be reversed once completed. To switch to metered billing, owners must complete and mail an Election of Metered Billing Form to the address listed on the form.

Wastewater Allowances

Wastewater Allowances—for Evaporative Cooling Towers and for Standard Wastewater Allowances—may be available for certain customers that are current on their water and sewer charges.

To qualify, a property must have a dedicated metered water supply that supplies a process that does not discharge all of its water into the wastewater system. Please review the regulations defined in the NYC Water Board Water and Wastewater Schedule, Part III, Section 7, pages 14-17 for more information.

Residential Water Survey

Sign up for a free NYC Residential Water Survey. As a part of this free water survey, a DEP representative will come to your residence and conduct a variety of tests to help you save money and lower your water and sewer bill.

At the end of the survey, you will receive a summary letter which describes any leaks found, measures the flow rates of devices, and estimates potential savings from repairs.

To request a survey please fill in this form and then mail, fax or scan/email it to:

Water Surveys
59-17 Junction Blvd., 1st Fl. Low Rise
Flushing, NY 11373
Fax: (718) 595-4625

New York State Voter Registration Form

Become eligible to vote by registering with the New York State Board of Elections. You can print and fill out this form if you are:

  • Registering to vote for the first time
  • Changing your name or address
  • Becoming a member of a political party
  • And/or changing your party membership

Once you have completed the form, please mail or deliver it to your borough’s Board of Election Office at least 25 days before the election.

Registering to vote is not a condition of receiving services from DEP.

Board of Elections Borough Offices:

  • Bronx
    1780 Grand Concourse, 5th Fl.
    Bronx, NY 10457
    Tel. 1.718.299.9017
  • Brooklyn
    345 Adams Street, 4th Fl.
    Brooklyn, NY 11201
    Tel. 1.718.797.8800
  • Manhattan
    200 Varick Street, 10th Fl.
    New York, NY 10014
    Tel. 1.212.886.2100
  • Staten Island
    1 Edgewater Plaza, 4th Fl.
    Staten Island, NY 10305
    Tel. 1.718.876.0079
  • Queens
    126-06 Queens Boulevard
    Kew Gardens, NY 11415
    Tel. 1.718.730.6730

Please visit the following site to access Voter Registration Forms in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean and Bengali:

New Payment Options
Water Charges

Reservoir Levels

Current: %

Normal: %