Instructions for Application for Records under FOIL
Descriptions of DEP’s bureaus and records they retain are as follows:
- Agency Chief Contracting Office (ACCO):
- Contracts, Bid and Procurement Records
- Bureau of Customer Services (BCS):
- Water Bills, Water Metering
- Bureau of Environmental Compliance (BEC):
- Asbestos Control Program, Air Permits/Complaints, Noise Complaints/Inspections
- Bureau of Environmental Design and Construction (BEDC):
- Design and Construction of Wastewater Treatment Plants, Water-Supply Related Projects and Infrastructure Projects
- Bureau of Environmental Planning and Assessment (BEPA):
- SEQRA/CEQR and other Environmental Review-Related Records
- Bureau of Police & Safety (BPS):
- Reports for Watershed Area, Law Enforcement Incidents, Right to Know, Hazardous Materials
- Bureau of Water Supply (BWS):
- Watershed/Aqueduct/Reservoir Operations, Water Quality
- Bureau of Water and Sewer Operations (BWSO):
- Water and Sewer Main Repair, Hydrants, Manhole Covers, Sewer Backup
- Bureau of Wastewater Treatment (BWT):
- Industrial Pretreatment Program, Sewer Discharge Violations, Operation of Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Human Resource Management (HRM):
- Personnel Records
- Please indicate whether you want to receive copies or want to inspect the records prior to copies being made.
- Please describe, with the greatest amount of detail possible, the type of records you are requesting.
- Include, if available and when applicable, complaint number(s), claim number(s), case caption and court index number for any litigation to which your request relates, contract numbers, addresses, specific time frames or date of incident/occurrence, name of document/form, and account numbers.
- Please DO NOT request information regarding more than one account, property, etc.. Use a separate form for each request.
- Please clearly ENTER your name, firm/company name, address, phone number and e-mail.
- You will receive an acknowledgment of your request.
- When your request has been processed, you will be informed by email of the processing cost and receive payment instructions for the information supplied to you. The fee for copies is $.25 per page for paper copies not exceeding 9 by 14 inches and the actual cost of reproduction for all other copies.