The Community Right-to-Know Program
Tier II Filing
The Community Right-To-Know (RTK) Program has upgraded their Tier II Online System to allow facilities to electronically submit their Annual, Revision or Updated Submission. Please click on Tier II Filing System to register or to sign in to complete filing the annual Facility Inventory Forms (FIF).
To file the FIF electronically, each facility is required to register a unique username online to obtain a password. Facilities that have already obtained their own passwords do not need to register again. After the facility’s user account is activated, authorized users will be able to access facility inventory information that has been transferred into the Tier II Filing System.
Please note - Only the owner, operator, manager or corporate officer is authorized to file online.
For those filing for multiple facilities, you can apply to have one username and password to access these facilities. For more information, please call (718) 595-4659 between 9am and 5pm
Why Should I File Online?
- Easier filing process – system is user friendly with easy to follow steps.
- Instead of typing, data such as inventory quantity code and storage code can be entered more accurately by choosing from the drop-down boxes.
- No need to re-type redundant information each year.
- You can view, edit and print out FIF for each facility.
- You can avoid the hard copy filing package request fee ($20)
- If you filed during a previous calendar year, you will only need to update your records.
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS): Ability to search the Online MSDS Library, select, save and upload MSDS for each chemical or select MSDS from DEP Library (if available), or you can attach an electronic version of an MSDS.
- The system will automatically calculate the filing fee, generate an invoice and allow you to pay online using a major credit card/debit card or e-check.
- Supplemental files such as a site plan can be attached.
- Data are saved after completion of each page and can be printed as hard copy.
- Managers filing for multiple facilities can use the same username and password, Pay one check and print one Annual Submission Certification Letter.
- References, resources and reporting guidance documents are available as part of the facility submission module.
Accessing Your Data
You must first register online. If you have filed a hard copy FIF previously, you must register as an Existing Facility and enter your Facility ID number in the registration form. To register online you must be an owner, operator, manager or corporate officer, in accordance with the Administrative Code of the City of New York, Section 24, Chapter 7.
After you have registered, you will receive a Password Certification letter in the mail in approximately 3 – 5 business days. You must sign the certification letter and return it to DEP. Once DEP receives your signed certification, you will receive an e-mail indicating your password has been activated. If you are an existing facility, you can then access your previously reported data. If you are a new facility, you can input your new data.
If you are filing for multiple facilities, please call the RTK program at (718) 595-4659 between the hours of 9am and 5pm
Please note - You will not need to go through the registration process for future submissions unless there is a new user.
DEP has compiled the following information to aid facilities: