The Community Right-to-Know Program
Tier II Filing
The Community Right-To-Know (RTK) Program has Tier II Online Filing System to allow facilities to electronically submit their Annual, Revision or Updated Submission. Please click on Tier II Filing System to register or to sign in to complete filing the annual Facility Inventory Forms (FIF).
To file the FIF electronically, each facility is required to register online to obtain a user account. Facilities that have already obtained their own passwords do not need to register again. If you have filed a hard copy FIF previously, you must register as an Existing Facility and enter your Facility ID number in the registration form. After you have registered, you will receive an email with the Facility ID number and the link to view the Password, validate the user account by entering the registered name, answer the security question and officially certify the document. After the facility’s user account is activated, authorized users will be able to access facility inventory information that has been transferred into the Tier II Filing System.
If you are an existing facility, you can then access your previously reported data. If you are a new facility, you can input your new data.
Please note - Only the owner, operator, manager or corporate officer is authorized to file online.
For those filing for multiple facilities, you can apply to have one username and password to access these facilities. For more information, please call (718) 595-4659 between 9am and 5pm
Why Should I File Online?
- Easier filing process – system is user friendly with easy to follow steps.
- Data such as inventory quantity and storage code can be entered more accurately by choosing from the drop-down boxes.
- No need to re-type redundant information each year.
- You can view, edit and print out FIF for each facility.
- You can avoid the hard copy filing package request fee ($20)
- If you filed during a previous calendar year, you will only need to update your records.
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) or Safety Data Sheet (SDS): Ability to search the Online MSDS/SDS Library, select, save and upload MSDS/SDS for each chemical or select MSDS/SDS from DEP Library (if available), or you can attach an electronic version of an MSDS/SDS.
- The system will automatically calculate the filing fee, generate an invoice and allow you to pay online using a major credit card/debit card or e-check.
- Supplemental files such as a site plan can be attached.
- Data are saved after completion of each page and can be printed as hard copy.
- Managers filing for multiple facilities can use the same username and password, pay one check and print one Invoice.
- References, resources and reporting guidance documents are available as part of the facility submission module.
DEP has compiled the following information to aid facilities: