Newsletter Sign-up Printer Friendly Format Translate This Page Text Size Small Medium Large

Smart Business

A Guide to DEP Environmental Regulations and Permitting Requirements for Businesses in New York City

This Guide describes major Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) permit and non-permit environmental compliance requirements. It does not describe all of DEP’s programs and requirements nor State and federal requirements. For example, beyond complying with DEP’s air permitting requirements, electroplaters must also comply with federal regulations controlling the emission of Hazardous Air Pollutants. Moreover, certain professionals are required to file DEP permit applications, etc., and businesses may have requirements under several DEP programs.

Reservoir Levels

Current: %

Normal: %