| Full Document
CB 6 197-a Plan for Eastern Section of Community District 6. The City Council adopted the plan with modifications, as modified and approved by the City Planning Commission, on March 26, 2008.
The plan’s primary goals for the eastern portion of Manhattan Community District 6 are:
- (i) increase the amount of useful open space,
(ii) improve access to the waterfront and complete the East River Esplanade,
(iii) enhance and reclaim the street network to restore the street grid and improve transportation systems and access to the waterfront,
(iv) implement land use policies consistent with historical trends in the area, and
(v) preserve significant residential developments and individual buildings.
The report includes:
- 1. The City Council resolution, dated March 26, 2008, modifying and adopting the plan as modified and approved by the City Planning Commission.
2. The City Planning Commission report, dated January 28, 2008, approving the plan with modifications.
3. The Community Board’s proposed 197-a plan, as submitted October 2007.
4. A guide to recommendations in the adopted Manhattan CB 6 197-a Plan.