On July 10, 2006, the Department of City Planning certified the Uniform Land Use Review Procedure (ULURP) application (C 060562 ZMQ) for the Douglaston – Little Neck rezoning to begin the formal public review process. The related zoning text amendment application (N 060563 ZRQ) was referred on July 10, 2006 for concurrent review.
|Department of City Planning
Certification / Referral
|July 10, 2006
|Community Board 11 Approval with conditions
|| September 5, 2006
|Borough President Public Hearing
||September 21, 2006
|City Planning Commission Public Hearing
||October 25, 2006
|City Planning Commission Approval
(approved the proposal with modifications. *) ( Read the CPC Reports.)
|December 4, 2006
(adopted the proposal with additional modifications.**)
|December 20, 2006
*The Commission approved the zoning text as proposed and, in response to concerns raised during the public review, approved the zoning map changes with the following modifications:
- Retained the existing R3-1 zoning district along the west side of Little Neck Parkway, south of 41st Avenue;
- Reduced the C2-2 commercial overlay on the northwest corner of Northern Boulevard and 249th Street from 150 feet to 125 feet instead of the originally proposed 100 feet; and
- Changed the proposed R2A to R2 east of Marathon Parkway between Northern Boulevard and the Horace Harding Expressway.
**City Council adopted the zoning text as proposed, and adopted the zoning map changes with the following two modifications:
- Restored the originally proposed 100-foot depth for the portion of the C2-2 commercial overlay on the northwest corner of Northern Blvd and 249th street. and
- Restored the originally proposed R2A zoning on the east side of Marathon Parkway for about five and a half blocks or block portions located north of Cambria Avenue. The blockfronts along the east side of Marathon Parkway and the block between Cambria Ave and Morenci Lane were zoned R2; the rest of the blocks were zoned R1-2).
For more information, please contact the Queens Office of the Department of City Planning at (718) 286-3170.
Overview | Existing Context and Zoning | Proposed Zoning | Public Review
accompanied by this symbol require the free
Adobe Acrobat Reader.