CPC Approval with Modifications
On March 10, 2008 the City Planning Commission (CPC) approved with modifications the (A) applications (C 080100(A) ZRM and C 080099(A) ZMM) for the 125th Street Corridor Rezoning (the original applications 080099 ZMM and N080100 ZRM were withdrawn). The approved actions include a Zoning Map amendment and a Zoning Text amendment.
The approved Zoning Text amendment was modified by the CPC in response to concerns raised during the public review process. The modifications include the following:
Changes to the Arts Bonus
- Allow below-grade performing spaces to qualify for the bonus, meeting minimum size and height requirements. Zoning Text Amendment Section 97-423 (b)(4).
- Allow rehearsal spaces to qualify for the bonus, located above grade and meeting size and transparency requirements. Zoning Text Amendment Section 97-423 (b)(3).
- Strengthened Arts Bonus enforcement, including additional measures to ensure that the visual or performing arts space continues to be occupied over the long term by bona-fide non-profit arts users. Zoning Text Amendment Sections 97-423 (d) and (e).
- Restrict residential entrances on 125th Street within the Core Subdistrict, for new development with frontage on an avenue or side street. Zoning Text Amendment Section 97-221 (a).
- Increase the allowed maximum height from 290’ to 330’ for new development on C4-7 zoning districts with frontage on 125th Street, Park Avenue and 124th Street. Zoning Text Amendment Section 97-442 (b)(2).
View the proposed zoning map as approved by the CPC.
View the complete proposed zoning text amendment as modified by the CPC.
Read the CPC Reports for the CPC approved applications.