- be a full-time City government employee
- have obtained an undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university or have completed your undergraduate degree by the Fall of the academic year for which you are applying (applicants already possessing a master’s degree are eligible)
- remain a full-time City government employee throughout your course of study
- meet the minimum scholarship requirements listed in the Scholarship Offering guide (e.g., The school may require that you be a new entrant to the institution.)
How to Apply
- Apply directly to a participating college/university to obtain acceptance status before you can be considered for an award and complete an MGSP application (see Instruction Booklet) and submit it to your Personnel Office for approval by the deadline date (do not submit MGSP applications to the school). It will then be submitted to the NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services, where it will be screened. You may apply for more than one college/university scholarship, but can only accept one scholarship award through MGSP. When applying to the school(s) of your choice for admission, indicate that you are also submitting a completed MGSP Application through DCAS for their consideration.
For an overview of the application process, view the program presentation. If you need assistance, email us via the form.
The links listed below provide important information detailing the procedures for applying for an MGSP scholarship.
||Fact Sheet (frequently asked questions and answers about the program)
|Scholarship Offering Guide (indicates the schools and the degree programs participating in MGSP - Information posted in this guide is subject to change without notice.)
||Instruction Booklet (a must read before completing the application)
|Application (Fill-in) (type all information including name on cover page, attach documentation and print out application with cover page - photocopies of original application are not acceptable).
||Sample Letter of Intent (notification of scholarship application)
||Submit to your Agency Personnel Office by Monday, November 18, 2013.
||Submit confirmation to the MGSP office that the school has received your school application by Friday, March 7, 2014. Some schools require an earlier deadline such as January and February (Check guide).
Applicants will be notified by mail in February 2014 that their application(s) has been received by the MGSP office.
- In the beginning of January, check with your Personnel Office to determine whether your application was submitted to DCAS.
- Contact the MGSP office by February if you do not receive a letter notifying you that we have received your application.