Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Where is the office located?
A. The DCAS Special Events Office is located at 1 Centre Street, 17th floor South, New York, NY 10007.

Q. What are your office hours?
A. DCAS Special Events Office is available Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Please email for an appointment.

Q. What is the timeframe to submit the paperwork?
A. Paperwork must be submitted 6 week prior to the Event.

Q. Why do I need to answer the Disclosure questions?
A. The disclosure questions in the application require answering so that DCAS can perform a background check on the entity/individual submitting the application.

Q. Is there a location fee?
A. Please refer to the fee schedule or in the brochure

Q. Who determines the amount of staff needed?
A. The amount of DCAS staff required for your event is determined by DCAS based upon the size of the event and whether or not there are any special requirements.

Q. When will I receive my bill and when is payment due?
A. You will be notified of the total amount due after you have submitted information regarding any special needs you may have, and after your application has been approved.  The bill must be paid as soon as possible or no later than 2 weeks prior to the event.

Q. Do I need to submit a certificate of insurance and what are the requirements?
A. Yes. DCAS requires general liability in the amount of $2,000,000, $4,000,000 aggregate. The following language must appear in the Description of Operations portion of the certificate: "The City of New York is named as an additional insured pursuant to ISO form 2026 or the equivalent thereof, for the property described as Block ___, Lot ___ in the borough of _______.

Q. I am hiring staff to work at my event. Do I need insurance for my staff?
A. Yes. Pease supply proof of workers' compensation or a worker’s compensation waiver as required by the laws of the State of New York.  Please note that DCAS cannot accept ACORD Certificate Liability Insurance as proof of workers compensation.

Q. Can I serve alcohol at my event?
A. Yes. You will be required to obtain a liquor license, issued by the State of New York in order to serve Alcohol.

Q. Will DCAS supply parking for my event?
A. No.  You are required to find parking on your own.

Q. Do you have kitchen facilities?
A. Dependent upon location. In most spaces we only have running water.

Q. What are the permitted weekday event hours?
A.  Monday through Friday: You may access the property after 5:00 p.m. and the event must conclude by 12:00 a.m. This does not include your preparation or break down.

Q. What are the permitted weekend event hours?
A. You may access the property as early as 7 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. The event must conclude by 1:00 a.m.  This does not include the time it takes to break down your event.

Q. Can I prep before 5:00 p.m. during the week?
A. Upon request you may be able to prep before 5:00 p.m. as long as it does not prevent pedestrians from entering into the building.

Q. How long do I have to breakdown my event?
A. One hour is included in your fee.  Additional time will result in an additional fee.