Translate the page Printer this Page Email a Friend Newsletter Sign-Up Text Size: Sm Med Lg
Department of Consumer Affairs
Get Adobe PDF Reader
 Adobe Acrobat Reader
(required to view PDFs)


Approximately three months before your license expires, DCA will mail you a license renewal package. You must renew your license before it expires in order to continue operating your business. Operation without a current license is subject to penalties.
Find out when your license expires


Online. Follow the steps below.

If you have not linked your account:

  1. Have your Record ID and PIN ready. This information is on your Renewal License Application. Or click here to request a PIN.
  2. Register an account with the City of New York or Login
  3. After you register/login, enter your Record ID and PIN to link your account to your DCA Records. Note: You need to submit only one Record ID and PIN to link all of your DCA license records.
  4. Select Access My Account from the blue Businesses - DCA box [see screenshot] and follow the instructions to submit your renewal application online.

If you already linked your account:
Click here to login, then scroll to the blue Businesses - DCA box to select Access My Account [see screenshot] to submit your renewal application online.

Read FAQs – Online Services


In person at the DCA Licensing Center  

Mail your completed application to the DCA Licensing Center. Exception: General Vendors must submit their renewal application online or in person. 

  • Payment by credit card, whether online or in person, is subject to a 2.49% convenience fee. Credit cards accepted at the DCA Licensing Center include Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card. Note: You cannot use a credit card to make an installment payment to DCA. You can use a credit card to pay a balance in full.
  • If you mail your renewal application, you must pay by check or money order payable to Department of Consumer Affairs.

If you would like to register to vote, go to
Note: Whether you apply to register to vote or not, it will not affect the assistance DCA will provide you.