After reading the instructions below, a link will guide you
to the online license renewal application log in page.
Important Update from DCA: DCA is investigating Metropolitan NY Towing, Auto Body & Salvage Association for allegedly engaging in fraudulent and illegal activity. Read the press release and letter to licensees for more information.
Until the investigation is complete, DCA will not accept paperwork from the Association. You can submit your renewal application personally or through an authorized representative other than Metropolitan NY Towing, Auto Body & Salvage Association.
Please DO NOT use the Online License Renewal Service if you have already filed your renewal application by mail or in person.
If you do not hold a current and valid New York State Driver's License, you cannot use the Online License Renewal Service. Please refer to your license renewal package for instructions on filing your application via mail or in person.
Submitting your renewal application online does not mean that your license is automatically renewed. Upon approval of your online application, DCA will mail you a renewed license using your previous license’s photograph.
Tow Truck Driver licenses will expire October 31, 2012. You may not operate as a Tow Truck Driver after October 31 unless you have received your new license.
To process payment of your online renewal, you will need to use a major credit card. You will be charged a non-refundable *Convenience Fee* in addition to the $20 License Renewal Fee in order to process your online application.
Six Easy Steps to File Your Tow Truck Driver
License Renewal Application Online:
Step 1: Log on
Step 2: Confirm Your License Details and Contact Information
If your telephone number is different from the number pre-printed in the License Details box, please enter the correct telephone number in the “New Telephone No.” field.
Please enter your e-mail address to receive confirmation that your online license renewal application was successfully submitted.
- If your home address is different from the address pre-printed on the online form, please select “No” and update your home address following the steps provided.
If your mailing address is different from the address pre-printed on the online form, please select “No” and update your mailing address following the steps provided.
Step 3: Enter Employer Information and Answer Background Questions
- Fill in the name, license number and address of your employer, if applicable. If you are self-employed or unemployed, enter "self" or "unemployed," respectively, in the Employer Name field.
- Complete the background questions by checking the appropriate boxes.
Step 4: Affirm Legal Requirements
- If you are the licensee, affirm the legal requirements and enter your First and Last names in the "Licensee" fields.
- If you are preparing the renewal application for the licensee, affirm the legal requirements, enter the licensee's First and Last names in the "Licensee" fields and enter your First and Last names in the "Preparer" fields. In addition, please specify your relationship to the licensee.
Step 5: Submit Information and Enter Payment Details
Please review all information for accuracy, then click the "Submit" button ONCE ONLY. You will be directed to the payment page.
Enter your payment information and click the “Submit” button ONCE ONLY.
Step 6: Print Confirmation Number and Itemized Receipt
A confirmation number and itemized receipt will appear at the end of the process. Print a copy for your records.
Once you have submitted your renewal application, you will receive a notification from DCA within 15 days. Please do NOT submit your license renewal application by mail or in person once you have successfully submitted your application online. Submitting duplicate applications will create delays in renewal of your license.
Finished reading the instructions? Now you're ready to submit your renewal application.
Get NYS Voter Information
Please note: Whether you apply to register to vote or not, it will not affect your
online license renewal application.