After reading the instructions below, a link will guide you
to the online license renewal application log in page.
- Please DO NOT use the Online License Renewal Service if you have already filed your renewal application in person.
If you have any outstanding debts to the City and/or State as of April 23, 2012, you CANNOT use the Online License Renewal Service. The renewal package you received in the mail indicates if you are "Clear" (no outstanding debts) or "Not Clear" (outstanding debts). If you are "Not Clear" and try to use the online service, a message will alert you to call 311 to be transferred to DCA with a question about your existing license.
Submitting your renewal application online does not mean that your license is automatically renewed. Once your license is renewed, you will receive a notification from DCA to visit the Licensing Center to pick up your license. See details in Step 6.
- General Vendor licenses expire on September 30, 2012. You may not operate as a General Vendor after September 30 unless you have received your new license.
- In order to submit your renewal application online, you must have a major credit card available.
- Veteran General Vendors will be charged a $10.00 tax clearance fee and a non-refundable convenience fee.
- All other General Vendors will be charged a $200.00 license fee, a $10.00 tax clearance fee, and a non-refundable convenience fee.
Six Easy Steps to File Your General Vendor
License Renewal Application Online:
Step 1: Log on
Enter your CAMIS Number (located in your license renewal letter) and Individual License Number on the first screen of DCA’s Online License Renewal Service to get started. If you don't know your CAMIS number, please call 311 and ask for the service "Online Payment Assistance-DCA License Renewal." You will be transferred to DCA.
Step 2: Confirm Your License Details and Contact Information
If your telephone number is different from the number pre-printed in the License Details box, please enter the correct telephone number in the "New Telephone No." field.
Please enter your e-mail address to receive confirmation that your online license renewal application was successfully submitted.
If your home address is different from the address preprinted on the online form, please select "No" and update your home address following the steps provided.
If your mailing address is different from the address preprinted on the online form, please select "No" and update your mailing address following the steps provided.
Step 3: Enter Employer Information and Answer Questions
- Fill in the name, license number, and address of your employer, if applicable. If you are self-employed or unemployed, enter "self" or "unemployed," respectively, in the Employer Name field.
- Complete the background and child support questions by checking the appropriate boxes.
Step 4: Affirm Legal Requirements
- If you are the licensee, affirm the legal requirements and enter your First and Last names in the "Licensee" fields.
- If you are preparing the renewal application for the licensee, affirm the legal requirements, enter the licensee's First and Last names in the "Licensee" fields, and enter your First and Last names in the "Preparer" fields. In addition, please specify your relationship to the licensee.
Step 5: Submit Information and Enter Payment Details
Please review all information for accuracy, then click the "Submit" button ONCE ONLY. You will be directed to the payment page.
Enter your payment information and click the "Submit" button ONCE ONLY.
Step 6: Print Confirmation Number and Itemized Receipt
If your payment transaction is successful, you will receive a confirmation page with a confirmation number and itemized receipt. Print a copy for your records.
DO NOT submit your license renewal application in person once you have successfully submitted your application online. Submitting duplicate applications will create delays in renewal of your license.
Once you have submitted your renewal application, you will receive a notification from DCA within 15 days to visit the Licensing Center, located at 42 Broadway, 5th Floor, in lower Manhattan to pick up your license. Please bring the DCA pick up notification letter along with photo identification, proof of address (if your address changed), and your existing license in order to receive your renewed license.
Finished reading the instructions? Now you're ready to submit your renewal application.
Get NYS Voter Information
Please note: Whether you apply to register to vote or not, it will not affect your
online license renewal application.