NYC °CoolRoofs is a green initiative to reduce energy costs, greenhouse gas emissions, and local temperatures by coating the roofs white. The program will mobilize a mix of volunteers and green job training programs to coat non-profit and government roofs. NYC °CoolRoofs will also promote the program among building owners wishing to coat their own roofs through our Cool It Yourself program.
NYC °CoolRoofs seeks proposals from coating vendors and manufacturers to partner in the program by offering NYC °CoolRoofs customers a discount on coating. The program will be open to participation by multiple vendors.
In order to participate, the following areas must be covered in your submission:
Minimum Requirements of Coating:
Requirements for the coating should be for coatings with Cool Roof Rating Council or Energy Star Rating of:
- Minimum 3 Year Aged Reflectivity (in accordance with ASTM C-1549 or ASTM E1918) of 0.7
- Minimum thermal emittance of 0.75 (in accordance with ASTM C1371 or ASTM E408)
- Minimum SRI of 78 as determined in accordance with ASTM E 1980
If Coating is new to the market 3 Year Aged Reflectivity is pending, we will accept:
- Minimum Initial Reflectivity (ASTM C-1549): 0.7
- Minimum Emissivity (ASTM C-1371): 0.75
For more requirements, please see the solicitation requirements (in PDF).