Civilian Complaint Review Board
Email a Friend Printer Friendly Translate This Page
Text Size: A A A
Who Can File

Anyone who witnesses or experiences alleged police misconduct can file a complaint with the CCRB.

  • You can file a complaint regardless of your age.
  • You can file a complaint even if you do not speak English. The CCRB has staff who speak over a dozen different languages. Plus the agency utilizes the city’s volunteer language bank and an outside translation service as needed.
  • You can file a complaint if you are in jail.
  • You can file a complaint if you are not a citizen and regardless of your immigration status. The CCRB does not ask victims or witnesses questions about this.

Although helpful, you do not need to know the name or badge number of the officer who is the subject of your complaint.

File a Complaint
Call 1800-341-2272 » File online
Complaint Status Lookup
Download the Brochure
English Spanish Chinese Haitian-Creole Italian Korean Russian Arabic