The NYC Commission on Human Rights Informational Booklet provides a general overview of the Commission.
The booklet describes:
- The provisions of the Human Rights Law
- The work of the Law Enforcement Bureau
- The work of the Community Relations Bureau
- The services the Commission provides
- How to file a complaint
NOTE: Some booklets do not include recent amendments to the Human Rights Law.
- In housing, Lawful Source of Income has been added to the Law as a protected class.
- Cyberbullying has been added to the Law as a form of bias-related harassment.
Download this booklet in PDF online below (Adobe required; click here to download), or call 311 or (212) NEW-YORK to receive it by mail.