Caregiver Resource Center Locator
Return to List
||Sunnyside Community Services Western Queens Caregiver Network
||43-31 39th Street -- Sunnyside, NY 11104
||718.784-6173 ext. 440
|Hours of Operation:
||9am – 5pm
- Individual Assessment
- Information and Referral
- Benefit and Entitlement Assistance
- Caregiver Training
- Support Groups
- Supportive Counseling
- Respite Care
- Supplemental Services (limited medical supplies, medication reimbursement and home safety equipment, Personal Emergency Response Systems, minor home modifications, transportation)
- Home Visits
- For Adult Children caring for a parent with dementia: Every Tuesday from 5:15 pm - 6:30 pm.
- For Spanish speaking caregivers taking care of a loved one with Dementia: The 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the Month 11am to 12:15pm.
- For Adult Children Caring for a parent: Meets every 1st and 3rd Friday of the Month from 11am to 12noon.
- For Individuals caring for a spouse: Meets every 2nd & 4th Friday of the Month from 11am to 12 noon.
Other support groups for caregiver
- 2nd & 4th Monday of the month from 6pm to 7pm
- 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month from 6pm to 7pm
- 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month from 1pm to 2pm
- Bereavement support group (As needed)
For all support group the group leader needs to meet with the caregiver before attending. Individual is encouraged to call 718-784-6173 ext.480 before attending the group.
||Individual, Group, referrals for Institutional
Other Services On-site:
- At Sunnyside we offer a Senior Center with a variety of activities including exercise classes, painting, computer classes, arts and crafts, dance classes and more. We also offer a Social Adult day program for individuals with cognitive impairment or who are physically frail. We also offer short term Geriatric Mental Health services and case management services to home bound seniors. Contact us for more information