Be On Time and Be Prepared
- Know ahead of time exactly where you gave to be and when, and be there!
- If you're not completely comfortable speaking English, bring someone who can translate for you.
- If the system is very confusing for you, or if you could use some help, bring a friend or someone else who knows the system. She can help you ask the right questions and get the right information.
- Be prepared to sit - if you have to bring your grandchildren with you, bring snacks and books/toys for them and for you.
- Have all documents /materials ready and available.
- Make an "agenda" ahead of time…write down all your questions and what you want to find out. Include all your questions and concerns in the agenda, and then write down all the answers. Check off each item as you go to make sure you ask them all.
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes.