Other Community-based Services - EISEP
EISEP is a State-funded program that provides an array of services designed to help the individual residing at home.
- Case Management - A specially-designated agency conducts an assessment of the care recipients' needs, arranges for the appropriate service to begin, and monitors the service delivery.
- Home care brings assistance into the home for a limited number of hours. There are various levels of home care. Your choice depends on the help you need and your budget.
- Personal Care Aides provide help with activities of daily living and routine needs; Home Health Attendants provide personal care and limited nursing care. Note that many voluntary neighborhood and religious organizations offer other services such as light housekeeping, shopping, or friendly visiting. There may be a fee.
- Housekeeping - Home Attendants will assist with housekeeping or light shopping; Skilled nursing care, social work services, and physical, occupational, and speech therapies can also be provided in-home. Note that many voluntary neighborhood and religious organizations offer other services such as light housekeeping, shopping, or friendly visiting. There may be a fee.
- Home delivered meals are sponsored by the NYC Department for the Aging. A voluntary contribution is requested.
- Transportation sponsored by the NYC Department for the Aging provides door-to-door group rides to health and social service appointments. A voluntary contribution is requested. The MTA-New York City Transit sponsors Access-A-Ride, which provides door-to-door transportation for a small fee.
Click here to locate senior services in your area.