A number of these guidelines are found in the by-laws while others have been instituted to improve the operation of the Board.
1. Committee Minutes - Chairs must provide the Board office with written minutes of each meeting in time for the full Board meeting so that it can be distributed to all Board members and posted on our Web site.
2. Vice Chairs - each Chair should appoint a Vice-Chair who can fulfill the duties of the Chair in the event he/she can not attend a meeting or represent the committee.
3. Executive Committee - all Committee resolutions should be brought before the Executive Committee prior to being presented to the full board unless time constraints prevent it. Executive Committee meetings are also an important venue for vetting issues and refining suggestions prior to presentation to the full Board so please take full advantage of that opportunity.
4. Committee Reports and Resolutions - since the Board should have written minutes for each Committee meeting, reports by the Chairs to the full Board should only highlight important issues or involve the presentation of a resolution. Resolutions should contain a brief and clear description of the issue as well as how each Committee member voted.
5. Discussions with the Press - communication with the press concerning Board issues or positions should be referred to the Board Chair.