Carting Customers’ Bill of Rights
You have the right to:
- Service from a carter of your choice, free from intimidation or reprisal.
- A competitive price for waste removal that is at or below the maximum rate set by the Business Integrity Commission.
- A written survey of your business’ waste stream from any carter that proposes to charge you a “flat fee.”
- A waste removal contract that does not commit you to a particular carter or to a particular price for more than two years.
- A written contract that clearly describes the agreement that you negotiated with your carter.
- Service on the days and at the times agreed to by your carter in the contract.
- Consistent, uninterrupted service, with 14 days’ written notice if service is to be terminated by your carter for any reason.
- Written bills that conform to the rate in your contract and comply with the maximum rate set by the Business Integrity Commission.
- A clean sidewalk, curb, and street adjoining your property, free of any debris that may result from waste removal.