Tours of City Hall and Tweed Courthouse are hosted by the Design Commission. For more information please call (212) 788-2656 or email Tours@cityhall.nyc.gov.
City Hall One of the oldest continuously used City Halls in the nation that still houses its original governmental functions, New York's City Hall is considered one of the finest architectural achievements of its period. Constructed from 1803 to 1812, the building was an early expression of the City's cosmopolitanism. City Hall is a designated New York City landmark, and its rotunda is a designated interior landmark as well.
Tweed Courthouse The Old New York County Courthouse, better known as Tweed Courthouse, is architecturally one of New York's greatest civic monuments. Built between 1861 and 1881, it is the product of two of New York's most prominent 19th-century architects, John Kellum and Leopold Eidlitz. Today, Tweed Courthouse is home to the Department of Education.