Unpaid internships are offered on a limited basis and require a year-long commitment. Interns provide general support for the day-to-day operation of the Design Commission and assist with special projects, including the annual Design Awards. Interns assist with all aspects of design review meetings and related site visits, including coordinating with City agencies, researching projects and preparing submission materials; and assisting at meetings and site visits. Interns also provide administrative support, such as answering phones and responding to inquiries; drafting correspondence; responding to online inquiries; and handling research requests.
- Interest in and experience with architecture, landscape architecture and/or public art
- Familiarity with architectural plans and details is a plus
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work 15 hours per week
- Ability to attend design review hearings (see Calendar of Meetings for dates)
To apply for an internship, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Public Design Commission of the City of New York
City Hall, Third Floor
New York, NY 10007*
No phone calls or e-mails please.
*As of October 4, 2010 the Design Commission offices will be temporarily relocated to 253 Broadway, Fifth Floor, New York, NY 10007.