Someone is hurting you or your child.
- Call 911 in an emergency.
- Call 311 for the Domestic Violence Hotline.
- Or call direct 1-800-621-HOPE (1-800-621-4673)
TDD (Hearing Impaired): 1-866-604-5350.
You can’t cope. You need to talk.
This is an emergency. You can't care for your child.
- Call the Family Crisis Center and Nursery for help and emergency child care at 1-888-435-7553.
- Temporary safe haven for children from birth to age 10. Parents can visit any time.
- Children are loved and cared for while parents get help. Parents get services, too.
- Located at New York Foundling, 590 Avenue of the Americas (6th Avenue) in Manhattan.
Drop off your newborn under 5 days old - no questions asked.
- The Abandoned Infant Protection Act is a New York State law; call 1-866-505-7233 for information.
- It allows parents, guardians and other responsible persons to leave a newborn under 5 days old they can’t care for in a safe place with an appropriate person.
- Safe places include hospitals and police and fire stations.
- You don’t have to give your name.
More Information and Help