Someone is hurting you or your
- Call 911 in an emergency.
- Call 311 for the Domestic Violence Hotline.
- Or call direct 1-800-621-HOPE (1-800-621-4673)
TDD (Hearing Impaired):
You can’t cope. You need to
This is an emergency. You can't care
for your child.
- Call the Family Crisis Center and
Nursery for help and emergency child care at 1-888-435-7553.
- Temporary safe haven for children from birth to age 10. Parents can visit
- Children are loved and cared for while parents get help. Parents get
- Located at New York Foundling, 590
Avenue of the Americas (6th Avenue) in Manhattan.
Drop off your newborn under 5 days
old - no questions asked.
- The Abandoned Infant Protection Act is a New York State
law; call 1-866-505-7233 for information.
- It allows parents, guardians and other responsible persons to leave a
newborn under 5 days old they can’t care for in a safe place with an
- Safe places include hospitals and police and fire stations.
- You don’t have to give your name.
More Information and Help